Objectives and Attainment Targets of the Study Programme
On successful completion of this programme, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding in their main field of study, including both broad knowledge in the field and substantially deeper knowledge of certain parts of the field, together with deeper insight into current research and development work.
- Demonstrate deeper methodological knowledge in their main field of study.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically and systematically integrate knowledge and to analyse, assess and deal with complex phenomena, issues and situations, even when limited information is available.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically, independently and creatively identify and formulate issues and to plan and, using appropriate methods, carry out advanced tasks within specified time limits, so as to contribute to the development of knowledge and to evaluate this work.
- Demonstrate an ability to clearly present and discuss their conclusions and the knowledge and arguments behind them, in dialogue with different groups, orally and in writing, in national and international contexts.
- Demonstrate the skill required to participate in research and development work or to work independently in other advanced contexts.
- Demonstrate an ability to make assessments in their main field of study, taking into account relevant scientific, social and ethical aspects, and demonstrate an awareness of ethical aspects of research and development work.
- Demonstrate insight into the potential and limitations of science, its role in society and people's responsibility for how it is used.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify their need of further knowledge and to take responsibility for developing their knowledge.