The main objective of the Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design Engineering Technology is to educate students who can through a subsequent education program obtain a Master of Science in Industrial Design Engineering Technology. The bachelor industrial design is trained to think and act in a interdisciplinary and conceptual way to develop the products of the future within an industrial context. In addition to the polyvalent competences of industrial sciences, the bachelor industrial design must obtain the following design related competences: material knowledge, creativity, technology, design methodology, design and form, prototyping, relation person-product-environment and project management. Additionally, a bachelor industrial design gets an initiation in management policy and applied scientific research methods.
A Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design Engineering Technology is able to:
- Start a Master of Science in Industrial Design Engineering Technology;
- Integrate technological developments in a product, perform dimensioning, select appropriate materials, design for production;
- Make prototypes and use them in the development process;
- Translate ideas into designed products, relate form and style with constructive aspects, use CAD/CAM in the design and production process, associate form and style to trends, social evolutions, cultural differences, market needs and emotional aspects;
- Make and give multi-media presentations from a marketing viewpoint; have communication skills, document the design process, perform data management;
- Manage the overall development process, take design decisions individually or in a design team, design in a sustainable context, define experiments, measure design parameters in the context and evaluate them, model human/product/environment interactions.