The Master of Science in Chemical Engineering Technology focuses on the education of broadly trained industrial engineers, which master the basic principles of process chemistry and - technology and can apply those in practice. The Master aims to give an insight into process/technical quality factors as well as into socio-economic and environmental- safety items on the basis of a wide range of industrial processes and related techniques. Hereby attention is paid to the implementation of existing, but also innovative procedures, technologies, applications and product development.
Therefore, the programme combines a multidisciplinary theoretical education with practical process/technical training leading to multidisciplinary synthesis and implementation of the knowledge, skills and attitudes. The curriculum is broadened and deepened with increasing focus on quality, environment, safety and health and guarantees the education of pragmatic business-oriented engineers. Finally students choose between the major "Industrial Chemistry" (polyvalence prevails) and the major "Polymers" (emphasis on plastics and composite materials). Therefore, students are trained to professionals who are able to perform basic/problem solving as well as to implement practical application tasks within the Industrial Engineers Chemistry job and consequently thus meet the specific job requirements.
The objectives of the program Master of Science in Chemical Engineering Technology can be converted into the following attainment targets:
• Thorough mastering of general scientific knowledge of e.g. raw materials, production processes and (produced) materials, specifically for chemistry/technology
• Acquiring, on a high-level, scientific specialized knowledge and skills and being able to apply them in chemical industry and process engineering as well as in the corresponding technological support
• Being able to perform analytical / instrumental chemical procedures, to potentially develop these and integrate them into various process and product related controls
• Being able to focus on the innovative character of scientific basic research and the development of the relationship between research, production, control and social relevance
• Being able to analyze, to evaluate and report information
• Being able to communicate, consult and to organize different tasks adequately
• Being able to problem solving/analyzing and to produce with a maximum attention to socio-environmental, economic and ethical aspects
• Being able to work in a team and to show leadership
• Showing responsibility in safety-, health-, environment- , sustainability and quality issues
• To be able to permanently think, independently and critical