Profile of the Programme
The programme consists of the following sets of courses:
- A compulsory set of 6 general courses constituting the core of the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (together 36 credits or 30% of the total program).
- A compulsory set of 4 courses which forming the basis of the main subject, Electronic Circuits and Systems or Communication and Information Technology (together 24 credits or 20% of the total program).
- A combination of elective courses for the amount of 36 credits (together 30% of the total program).
- A Master's Dissertation (24 credits) that is carried out in a research team that is active in the field of Electrical Engineering.
Except for two courses all compulsory courses are scheduled in the first year. An international student mobility (Erasmus) in the second year thus becomes an attractive option.
The set of elective courses should be spread over two years (but in such a way that the total curriculum in each year amounts to 54 – 66 credits). The elective courses can be chosen as follows:
- minimum 12 credits from a list of courses constituting a further specialization in the main subject;
- minimum 6 credits from a faculty-defined list of social courses;
- the remaining credits chosen from the set of educational programs of the UGent.
It is possible in this way to obtain a minor Operations Management, Photonic Engineering or Biosystems.